The 2017 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship has reached the halfway point with the sixth round taking place this weekend, the 2017 RedBud MX. Held for years on Fourth of July weekend, the event is almost better known for the partying in the parking lots and trackside than it is for racing. But with how eventful this summer has been so far, we expect the motos in the 250 and 450 classes to be the well-deserved center of attention. Take a look through the entry lists and known injury report for the race below…
2017 RedBud MX | 250 Class Provisional Entry List
6. Jeremy Martin 16. Zach Osborne | The Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna rider leads the championship standings in the 250 class. 17. Joey Savatgy 23. Aaron Plessinger 24. Austin Forkner 26. Alex Martin 31. RJ Hampshire 36. Adam Cianciarulo 38. Shane McElrath 39. Colt Nichols 42. Kyle Cunningham 45. Mitchell Harrison 46. Justin Hill 50. Luke Renzland 74. Bradley Taft 78. Nick Gaines 105. Steven Clarke 108. Dylan Ferrandis 128. Cameron McAdoo | GEICO Honda rider expected to return after missing multiple races with small shoulder injury. 129. Sean Cantrell 130. Austin Root 148. Connar Troyer 164. Matthew Klann 179. Jon Ames 183. Lorenzo Locurcio 200. Joachim Falden 202. Luke Hempen 234. McCoy Brough 264. Tyler Kirschner 288. Parker Smith 319. Coty Schock 336. Chaz Braden 342. Michael Mosiman | Although the Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna rider is on the entry list, there is no confirmation he is set to race after a recent shoulder injury. 367. Hunter Sayles 393. Curren Thurman 419. William Kwiecinski 425. Joshua Leininger 436. Jason Bunch 446. Blaine Silveira 449. Dakota Kessler 452. Trey Launius 464. Branden Brill 470. Kyle Hopkins 486. Chase Sexton 487. Josh Osby 488. Jake Lyon 510. Travis Prier 522. Cole Zitterkopf 570. Cody VanBuskirk 582. Britton Atkinson 609. Bradly DePrenger 610. Rody Schroyer 613. Nicholas Schnagl 616. Chase Ray 631. Brandon Dickson 633. Trevor Lind 640. Aaron Zielfelder 646. Nicholas Hancher 647. Ryan Lechien 657. Justin Wolf 660. Stone Edler 677. Cody Williams 700. James Weeks 702. Josiah Hempen 719. Joshua Berchem 746. Chase Stevenson 767. Mason Wharton 786. Sean Miller 791. Gustavo De Souza 827. Blake Ovitt 832. Brady Neys 847. DJ Christie 904. Jarett Pesci 947. Daniel Netti 970. Pedro Bueno
975. Jake Loberg
MISSING FROM THE LIST
28. Mitchell Oldenburg | Troy Lee Designs/GoPro/Red Bull/KTM rider suffered broken collarbone in a crash at Glen Helen. 43. Matt Bisceglia | Out for the start of the MX season due to a broken leg, has recently resumed riding for AutoTrader.com/Monster Energy/Toyota/JGRMX/Suzuki. 44. Jordon Smith | After a practice crash at High Point, the Troy Lee Designs/GoPro/Red Bull/KTM rider is out for RedBud. 58. Chris Alldredge | Sustained multiple internal injuries in a crash with Shane McElrath at 2017 Seattle SX, is out for an undetermined amount of time. 59. Noah McConahy | Sustained back injuries in a crash at 2017 Seattle SX, is out for the remainder of the season.
558. Jerry Robin | Blue Buffalo/Slater Skins/Yamaha rider suffered broken bone in his ankle during the first moto at Muddy Creek.
2017 RedBud MX | 450 Class Provisional Entry List
2. Cooper Webb 3. Eli Tomac 4. Blake Baggett | Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/WPS/KTM rider leads championship standings in the 450 class. 14. Cole Seely | After suffering a hard crash in moto one at Muddy Creek, the Team Honda HRC rider is slated to return at RedBud. 15. Dean Wilson 19. Justin Bogle 20. Broc Tickle 21. Jason Anderson 25. Marvin Musquin | Red Bull KTM rider continues to compete despite torn meniscus in his left knee. 27. Nick Wey | Popular veteran returns to action at his home race. 30. Martin Davalos 32. Weston Peick 33. Josh Grant | Monster Energy Kawasaki rider sat out Muddy Creek after suffering an arm injury early in the day, but is set to line up at RedBud. 40. Fredrik Noren 41. Trey Canard 48. Christian Craig | Team Honda HRC rider set to return after sitting out Muddy Creek in order to allow boxer fracture in hand to heal further. 51. Justin Barcia 68. Heath Harrison 70. Dakota Alix 81. Henry Miller 88. John Short 96. Vann Martin 125. Josh Mosiman 139. Nathen LaPorte 143. Zach Coons 151. Dakota Tedder 154. Brandon Scharer 170. Zack Williams 181. Dustin Pipes 184. Michael Thacker 213. Jon-Murray Barr 227. Cory Gilliam 265. Nick Frazt-Orr 270. Jacob Runkles 282. Theodore Pauli 287. John Snow 308. Nicholas Jackson 309. Jeremy Smith 321. Bradley Lionnet 324. James Cooper 329. Chad Gores 332. Jeremy Hand 339. Bryan Bachman 345. Joshua Prior 351. Eric Grondahl 353. Kody Kamm 399. Broc Peterson 401. Samuel Redman 407. Benjamin Nelko 412. Jared Lesher 415. Brendan Grgurich 440. John Weaver 475. Timothy Scouten 482. Riley Brough 509. Alex Nagy 528. Ryan Peters 544. Morgan Burger 545. Cody Siler 546. Tylor Skodras 553. Brent Rouse 564. Bryten Brill 596. Carson Tickle 606. Ronnie Stewart 622. Zac Maley 652. Luke Peters 684. Justis Heckendorf 708. Joseph Perron 718. Toshiki Tomita 724. Jason McConnell 738. Kyle Hameister 793. Dillon Finley 795. Aaron Leininger 796. Michael Bidus 811. Vaughn Mays 821. Trevor Tate 841. Jeffrey Walker 850. Cody Slark 853. Alger Morrison 859. Alex Higley 861. Eric Montreuil 868. Michael Docherty 875. Blake Rivard 880. Cole Robbins 881. Gerald Lorenz 909. Jacob Smith 921. Isaac Teasdale 924. Greg Durivage 955. Jaden Weisenberger 979. Philip Maus
993. Austin Wagner
MISSING FROM THE LIST
5. Ryan Dungey | Red Bull KTM rider announced his retirement from racing days prior to the start of 2017 MX season. 10. Justin Brayton | Has opted for Supercross-only contracts in the United States and Australia, turned down factory ride with Team Honda HRC for the summer. 12. Jake Weimer | On sidelines unless needed by AutoTrader.com/Monster Energy/Toyota/JGRMX/Suzuki team. 18. Davi Millsaps | Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/WPS/KTM rider to undergo surgery for injured wrists. 22. Chad Reed | Had a Supercross-only contract with Monster Energy/Yamalube/Chaparral/Yamaha Financial Services/Yamaha. 34. Benny Bloss | Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/WPS/KTM rider out for the start of the MX season with a shoulder injury. 37. Phil Nicoletti | Out for multiple rounds due to a heel injury sustained at Arlington SX. Will return later to ride in the 450 class for AutoTrader.com/Monster Energy/Toyota/JGRMX/Suzuki. 47. Malcolm Stewart | Deal with Stewart Racing/Ride365.com was only for Supercross. Has expressed interest in filling in for a team if needed. 67. Jimmy Albertson | Privateer is out for the remainder of the season due to injuries sustained at Daytona SX. 68. Heath Harrison | CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha rider out for one round with a tweaked knee. 94. Ken Roczen | Out for undetermined amount of time due to broken radius and elbow and wrist dislocation sustained in Anaheim Two crash. 377. Christophe Pourcel | Has decided to withdraw from Supercross, will contest Canadian MX championship for Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna.
800. Mike Alessi | Racing Canadian series with Monster Energy/Alpinestars/Kawasaki.