The 2017 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship is set to start this weekend with the 2017 Hangtown MX. Riders will face off for twelve rounds of racing around the United States in a summer-long battle and the interest for this year’s titles is high. Why’s that? The championships in both classes are open for anyone to take, as 2016 450 champion Ken Roczen is out with an injury and 2016 250 champion Cooper Webb has moved up to the 450 class. Check out the list of riders set to race, along with those missing from action, below….
2017 Hangtown MX | 250 Class Provisional Entry List
6. Jeremy Martin 16. Zach Osborne 17. Joey Savatgy 23. Aaron Plessinger 24. Austin Forkner 26. Alex Martin 28. Mitchell Oldenburg 36. Adam Cianciarulo 38. Shane McElrath 39. Colt Nichols 42. Kyle Cunningham 45. Mitchell Harrison 46. Justin Hill 50. Luke Renzland 57. Jimmy Decotis 74. Bradley Taft 78. Nick Gaines 96. Vann Martin 108. Dylan Ferrandis | First MX race in the US for Yamalube/Star Racing/Yamaha rider. 128. Cameron McAdoo | Making pro MX debut with GEICO Honda. 129. Sean Cantrell | Making pro debut with Troy Lee Designs/GoPro/Red Bull/KTM. 179. Jon Ames 183. Lorenzo Locurcio 200. Joachim Falden 234. Brough McCoy 235. Tucker Cantrell 321. Bradley Lionnet 341. Nico Izzi 342. Michael Mosiman | Making pro debut with Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna team. 388. Brandan Leith 427. Deegan Vonlossberg 522. Cole Zitterkopf 529. Broc Loftus 558. Jerry Robin 660. Stone Edler 677. Cody Williams 702. Josiah Hempen 767. Mason Wharton 791. Gustavo De Souza 820. Dalton Oxborrow
892. Garret Ioppolo
MISSING FROM THE LIST
31. RJ Hampshire | A last-lap crash at Toronto left the GEICO Honda rider with a broken tibia and fibula, and he’s out for the start of the MX season. 43. Matt Bisceglia | Out for the start of the MX season due to a broken leg. 44. Jordon Smith | Troy Lee Designs/GoPro/Red Bull/KTM rider has opted out of Hangtown MX due to lingering issues from Las Vegas SX crash. 58. Chris Alldredge | Sustained multiple internal injuries in a crash with Shane McElrath at 2017 Seattle SX, is out for an undetermined amount of time.
59. Noah McConahy | Sustained back injuries in a crash at 2017 Seattle SX, is out for the remainder of the season.
2017 Hangtown MX | 450 Class Provisional Entry List
2. Cooper Webb | 450 class outdoor debut with Monster Energy/Yamalube/Chaparral/Yamaha Financial Services/Yamaha. 3. Eli Tomac 4. Blake Baggett 14. Cole Seely 15. Dean Wilson 19. Justin Bogle 20. Broc Tickle 21. Jason Anderson 25. Marvin Musquin 30. Martin Davalos | Jumps to 450 class with Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna. 32. Weston Peick 33. Josh Grant 40. Fredrik Noren 48. Christian Craig | Jumps to 450 class in place of Ken Roczen at Team Honda HRC for the summer. 51. Justin Barcia 68. Heath Harrison 70. Dakota Alix | Making 450 class debut with Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/WPS/KTM. 121. Cody Cooper 125. Josh Mosiman 140. Austin Kouba 144. Nicolas Rolando 151. Dakota Tedder 154. Brandon Scharer 167. Zach Bell 170. Zack Williams 215. Christian Cicero 224. Edgar Foedish 240. Bryce Stewart 262. Connor Pearson 279. Thales Vilardi 333. Rhys Carter 335. Jeremy McCool 447. Deven Raper 461. Thomas Richards 482. Riley Brough 534. Travis Freistat 544. Morgan Burger 553. Brent Rouse 606. Ronnie Stewart 645. Cheyenne Harmon 670. Dylan Schmoke 743. Nicolo Gobbi 771. KJ Mckenzie 825. Zachary Peddie 917. Drew Thomas 926. Kaven Benoit 941. Angelo Pellegrini
981. Austin Politelli
MISSING FROM THE LIST
5. Ryan Dungey | Red Bull KTM rider announced his retirement from racing days prior to the start of 2017 MX season. 10. Justin Brayton | Has opted for Supercross-only contracts in the United States and Australia, turned down factory ride with Team Honda HRC for the summer. 12. Jake Weimer | On sidelines unless needed by AutoTrader.com/Monster Energy/Toyota/JGRMX/Suzuki team. 18. Davi Millsaps | Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/WPS/KTM rider to undergo surgery for injured wrists. 22. Chad Reed | Had a Supercross-only contract with Monster Energy/Yamalube/Chaparral/Yamaha Financial Services/Yamaha. 34. Benny Bloss | Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/WPS/KTM rider out for the start of the MX season with a shoulder injury. 37. Phil Nicoletti | Out for multiple rounds due to a heel injury sustained at Arlington SX. Will return later to ride in the 450 class for AutoTrader.com/Monster Energy/Toyota/JGRMX/Suzuki. 41. Trey Canard | Red Bull KTM rider out for the first round after being injured testing for the upcoming National championship. 47. Malcolm Stewart | Deal with Stewart Racing/Ride365.com was only for Supercross. Has expressed interest in filling in for a team if needed. 67. Jimmy Albertson | Privateer is out for the remainder of the season due to injuries sustained at Daytona SX. 94. Ken Roczen | Out for undetermined amount of time due to broken radius and elbow and wrist dislocation sustained in Anaheim Two crash. 377. Christophe Pourcel | Has decided to withdraw from Supercross, will contest Canadian MX championship for Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna.
800. Mike Alessi | Racing Canadian series with Monster Energy/Alpinestars/Kawasaki.