Company: Racer X Illustrated
Position: Marketing Manager
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
Industry: Magazine Production
Job Type: Full-time Employee
Benefits: A host of benefits, including health insurance and retirement plans, are available under varying terms and conditions.
About the Job The marketing manager creates and oversees the branding, promotions, and a variety of marketing functions of Filter Publications in print, online, through social media, and at events.
- Live in or be willing to move to Morgantown, West Virginia, to be a part of our creative team.
- Create and run all marketing campaigns relating to Racer X Illustrated, Racer X Online, Racer X Brand, and DMC Programs. The candidate will be required to maintain a consistent look and feel for our brand.
- Manage activation of all new promotions and offers with partners, designers, photographers, the subscription house, and event team.
- Be technically proficient. Experience and interest in writing, design, photography, or videography is a bonus.
- Understand social media. The position will require a strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and whatever’s next.
- Communicate well. The applicant will be working with a variety of staff each day in addition to managing event staff.
- Be organized. You’ll be involved in a wide variety of projects on a daily and weekly basis.
- Be reliable. You’ve got to come through, whether simply showing up for work on time or nurturing a project successfully from beginning to end.
- Be willing to put in the time. A job in this sport is not 9-to-5. If you want a 9-5 job, this isn’t the position for you. You will also be required to work multiple weekends throughout the year.
- Be cool. Seriously, this is a tough job, but it’s pretty amazing at the same time. We all work hard, but we’re making something we absolutely love and are proud to be a part of. This position is integral to our business; you will have the opportunity to be creative and be a part of the team, working directly with Racer X staffers including Davey Coombs, Jason Weigandt, Steve Matthes, David Pingree, and Jason Thomas. The position provides plenty of opportunity, but that opportunity comes with a responsibility to embrace it all. A negative attitude isn’t a plus.
- College B.A. Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or Communications is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, website CMS, email marketing software, and Adobe Suite
To apply, please submit the following to: [email protected]
- Cover letter explaining why you’re the right person for this job
- Portfolio, samples, links to published work, etc.
We’ll be accepting résumés through June 16. Hiring will begin as soon as possible after the submission deadline, and then we get to work.