Alpinestars Releases "UNION" Tech 10 Boots, Gear Set
Southwick, Massachusetts – The Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship make their yearly trip to the nation’s birthplace for the only New England stop of the series. A labor of love for the American Legionnaires that built the track behind the now famous Post 338, the track boasts deep sand and terrain rugged enough to test the meddle of any would-be champion. Originally hewn from the countryside in 1972, the track made its official “Nationals” debut in 1976 with Alpinestars’ Oscar rider Pierre Karsmakers winning the inaugural event. More than four decades after Alpinestars stood atop the podium, heritage stylings are back in Southwick with the Limited Edition ‘Union’ Tech 10 and Gear Set.
Synergizing modern, high viz colors with heritage graphics, the ‘Union’ joins Alpinestars’ prodigious innovation with its extensive history. Sure to turn heads in the sand or in the pits the ‘Union’ features a hi viz yellow and turquoise upper, gray lower chasis with a red rear. Accenting the boots are Alpinestars heritage logos that date back to the time of the track’s founding.
The world’s most technologically advanced and protective motocross boot, the Tech 10 offers unrivalled race-winning performance to moto riders who demand nothing less than the best. The Limited Edition ‘Union’ Tech 10 fuses all the performance innovations of the iconic Tech 10 with a unique color combination. The result is a boot that not only knows it’s history, but isn’t afraid to make some.
• The one-piece co-injected foot chassis incorporates five different advanced polymer compounds in a single streamlined and lightweight piece to offer strength and flexibility throughout the structure, while maintaining its robust structural integrity with no joints or weak points.
• Innovative, lightweight upper combines full-grain leather with advanced lightweight microfiber and an impact and abrasion resistant TPU shell.
• Medial-facing panel is constructed from a one-piece, specifically formulated polymer for improved structural stability and integrity, and incorporates a rubber insert panel for maximum grip contact with bike and improved abrasion resistance.
• The Tech 10 boot is CE certified.
• Frontal protection features a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap, plus Velcro® for a precise fit closure attached securely with a micro-adjustable, easy to operate, lightweight buckle. Shin incorporates a unique TPU blade system engineered to prevent frontal hyperextension and offer greater flex control.
• Contoured TPU calf protector plate offers impact resistance and incorporates Alpinestars innovative rear blade system, formed with hard shock resistant polymer to protect the heel and features a rear hyperextension guard.
• Innovative, ergonomic design for lateral and medial flex zones to provide superb front and rear flexion support which helps prevent damaging torsional forces around the ankle area.
• Multi-density foot shell incorporating heel and toe protection is highly resistant to abrasion and impact, and adds to the boot’s overall durability.
• Exclusive dual compound sole is seamlessly integrated to the multi-density foot base structure with built-in support. The sole offers superior durability, grip and feel while riding.
• The central sole insert is easily replaceable and Alpinestars offers a full sole replacement and boot repair service.
• New buckle closure system includes high-impact aluminum bridge closures, with memory and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance and security. All buckles are easily replaceable.
• Soft microfiber gaiter helps seal out excessive water and dirt entry.
• Poly-fabric lining with 3D open cell foam incorporates anti-slip suede on heel area to keep foot located inside the boot.
INNER ANKLE BRACE
• Innovative biomechanical inner ankle brace features medial and lateral “C” torsion bars to control ankle and leg rotation, while allowing freedom of movement. Wide fit torsion bar replacements are included. These dual connection torsion bars offer the rider natural ankle movement with progressive damping of torsional forces during an accident.
• TPU protection and shock absorbing padding on the heel and ankles and an ultra-thin and flexible forefoot area for increased sensitivity and control.
• New, dual compound, removable anatomic foot-bed includes EVA for comfort and support and aids even weight distribution.
To match the ‘Union’ Tech 10 boots comes the Limited Edition ‘Union’ Techstar GearS. The ‘Union’ Techstar Venom hosts the same technical innovations as the rest of the Techstar line, however is now available in an exclusive color combination. Alpinestars MX Apparel Collection brings a list of innovations to the track and gives those with the passion for riding dirt the same style, performance, and feel enjoyed by the world’s most renowned moto stars.
An extremely lightweight chassis that incorporates mesh panels for comfort, the Techstar jersey is optimized for the most demanding of off-road conditions. Tested and worn by the likes of Eli Tomac, Justin Barcia and Jeffrey Herlings, this jersey offers performance stretch fabrics for freedom of movement.
• Extremely lightweight, vented poly-fabric main chassis construction for moisture-wicking and performance fit. • Perforated mesh inserts around collar for excellent breathability, especially when using Alpinestars BNS neck support. • Extended perforation inserts on side torso and forearms for excellent airflow and comfort. • Pre-curved sleeves for maximum comfort and performance. • Extended rear for compatibility with Alpinestars’ MX pants. • Comfort neck collar and Raglan construction for easy entry and exit. • Seamless collar and cuffs for weight-saving and durability. • Wrist cuffs feature stretch inserts for excellent fit and convenient in and out.
• Sublimated fade-resistant graphics in exciting new colorways.