IRVINE, CALIF. (July 21, 2017) – Just a month from now, the 2017 AMA EnduroCross season will kick off the seven-round series inside the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas. While the temperatures are likely to be in the triple digits outside, the air conditioning will make for great racing conditions inside the arena. With some exciting race format changes and updates to the track designs, the anticipation is building for both the racers and fans.
Below are a few highlights of what to look for in 2017:
- The premier class (Previously Expert or Pro) will now be called Super EnduroCross.
- The Super EnduroCross format will include a multi-round, head-to-head bracket-race for the top twelve riders to earn a championship point and determine the main event gate picks.
- In addition to the Super EnduroCross class, the Amateur, Vet and Women’s classes will all compete in a multi-round championship. For all classes, the riders will get to throw-away their worst result prior to the Ontario final. This will keep the championships tight all the way to the end.
- There will be a new Amateur B class. This will be for the top 12 Amateur riders that did not qualify for the Amateur class to provide more riders an opportunity to race and improve their EnduroCross skills.
- And how about the EnduroCross Tracks? After careful evaluation of the tracks and races over the past several years, it is clear that the top riders like to be challenged but there also needs to be some flow to allow for great racing. So, the 2017 tracks will include a “No Joke Lane” that will be extremely challenging but also include “easier” lanes to allow the riders to twist the throttle and get some air.
- All of this should lead to some of the most exciting and challenging off-road motorcycle racing for both the racers and fans. Make sure you mark your calendar to be there in person or follow the action.
The 2017 AMA EnduroCross series, presented by Moose racing and PJ1 will include seven rounds, starting on August 19th inside the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.
2017 AMA EnduroCross Championship Schedule
|August 19, 2017||Las Vegas, Nevada||Orleans Arena|
|September 23, 2017||Reno, Nevada||Reno – Sparks Livestock Events Center|
|September 30, 2017||Denver, Colorado||National Western Events Center|
|October 14, 2017||Everett, Washington||XFINITY Arena|
|October 28, 2017||Scottsdale, Arizona||WestWorld|
|November 4, 2017||Boise, Idaho||Ford Idaho Center|
|November 18, 2017||Ontario, California||Citizens Business Bank Arena|
*Subject to Change
For more information, visit www.endurocross.com.