WINNING BIKE - Sam Hill's Prototype Nukeproof Mega
Flat pedal thunder. Sam Hill and his mechanic, Jacy Shumilak have been working side by side for years on the World Cup DH circuit and more recently at the Enduro World Series. Sam just took the win at the EWS round in Aspen today, a venue he didn't believe favored his style. The pair discuss Sam's bike set up a bit and Sam elaborates on the challenges of winning an EWS.
photos by @maddogboris, interview by Sven Martin
Sam and Jacy in audio
Sam Hill's Nukeproof Bike Details
- Prototype Nukeproof frame with carbon front triangle
- RockShox Super Deluxe shock and Lyrik fork
- RockShox Reverb seatpost
- Prototype Mavic tires with Deemax Pro wheelset
- SRAM Eagle X0 drivetrain
- SRAM Code brakes with 200mm rotors. Sam is particular about brake lever position and contact points.
- AVS Hand Guards that "stop prickles from gettin' in your knuckles," in addition to protecting levers during crashes.
- Front and rear fender to keep debris from Sam's eyes but also to help keep the bike clean
- Nukeproof Sam Hill signature Horizon flat pedals and cockpit
- M1 multi-tool inside the cranks via magnets
- Max speed on Garmin was 66kph on Stage 1 but imagines pushing 70, maybe even 80kph on Stage 6.