Transition TR Eleven Frame
For the past three years Transition has been tweaking and tuning their new downhill bike - the TR Eleven (TR11). First made public under Tahnee Seagrave, who skillfully piloted a prototype version to her first Elite World Cup downhill win at Leogang, this bike was born in carbon and the clean lines show it.
The bike's suspension is a DH-tuned version of Transition's Giddy Up trail bike platform, and was designed to be easily tuneable to almost any rider’s preferences. It's characterized by "supreme grip, excellent mid-stroke support, and ample end-stroke ramp to prevent harsh bottom-outs when hucked to flat."
Transition TR11 Highlights
- 195mm rear wheel travel via DH-tuned Giddy Up linkage
- 27.5-inch wheels
- Full carbon front triangle, chainstay and seatstay
- Aluminum rocker
- 8.75 x 2.75-inch (222 x 70mm) shock
- Enduro MAX bearings
- Collet style main pivot hardware
- Molded rubber chainstay and downtube protection
- External cable routing
- Post Mount rear brake
- 83mm threaded bottom bracket
- ISCG05 chainguide mounting
- Tapered 44/56mm Zero Stack headtube
- 12x157mm dropout spacing
- Universal Transition derailleur hanger compatible with Giddy Up trail models
- Tire clearance up to 27.5 x 2.5-inches
- Frame Weight: 9-pounds / 4.1kg (including shock, frame protection and hardware)
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
- Colors: Black powder, TR blue
"Transition Bikes was founded on the idea of pointing bikes downhill, hucking your meat and screaming for joy down gnarly rock gardens. The all new TR11 renews our passion and commitment to downhilling and takes the place as our new flagship bike. The full carbon frame is super lightweight giving it more of an aggressive trail bike feel with massive amounts of travel."
Tahnee's World Cup Ride
"Since having the TR11 I have been able to push my limits while having a trustworthy bike beneath me. It tracks the ground insanely well without losing the signature Transition playfulness, and it has helped me take my riding to a whole new level... all the way to 11." - Tahnee Seagrave
Build Kits, Pricing & Availability
- X01 DH complete - $7,299 USD
- GX DH complete - $5,299 USD
- Frameset - $3,199 USD
The TR11 will be available Fall 2017. Visit www.transitionbikes.com for more details.
Action photos by Moonhead Media