The Entry Lists Are Small At The 2018 Seattle Supercross
The AMA has released the provisional entry lists for the 2018 Seattle Supercross, round thirteen of the 2018 Monster Energy Supercross Series. Maybe it’s because we are so late into an injury-riddled season or because independent riders do not want to ruin their machines in the expected mud, but the rosters for both classes ahead of this weekend’s event are very brief. In fact, we counted less than forty riders in each division.
2018 SEATTLE SUPERCROSS | 250 CLASS PROVISIONAL ENTRY LIST
1. Justin Hill | After breaking toes at the 2018 Atlanta Supercross and missing the 2018 Indianapolis Supercross with an illness, the AutoTrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing rider will line up at Seattle. 11. Kyle Chisholm 17. Joey Savatgy 23. Aaron Plessinger | The Monster Energy/Yamalube/Star/Yamaha Factory Racing rider leads the 250 West Coast Region championship standings. 28. Shane McElrath 30. Mitchell Harrison 40. Chase Sexton 42. Dakota Alix 52. Mitchell Oldenburg | The Monster Energy/Yamalube/Star/Yamaha Factory Racing rider will return to action after a series of arm injuries. 54. Phil Nicoletti 63. Hayden Mellross 68. Justin Starling 71. Josh Mosiman 75. Noah McConahy 81. Chase Marquier 86. Dylan Merriam 92. Adam Cianciarulo 122. Chris Howell 137. Martin Castelo 141. Robbie Wageman 149. Tallon LaFountaine 160. Jess Pettis 170. Michael Leib 188. Gage Schehr 240. Bryce Stewart 271. Kyle Fry 277. Kordel Caro 321. Bradley Lionnet 388. Brandan Leith 422. Philipp Klakow 424. Tyler Custer 427. Deegan Vanlossberg 430. Dylan Summerlin 497. Brock Leitner 651. Jake Hogan 715. Kele Russell 741. Blake Wharton 792. Bracken Hall
820. Dalton Oxborrow
MISSING FROM THE LIST
26. Alex Martin | The Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull/KTM rider will skip the rest of the Supercross season to recover a fractured scaphoid. 59. Cole Martinez | AJE Motorsports Husqvarna rider suffered a broken leg in a practice crash at the 2018 Daytona Supercross. 62. Justin Cooper | After suffering multiple injuries early in the year, the Monster Energy/Yamalube/Star/Yamaha Factory Racing rider will return to action in the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship.
67. Justin Hoeft | The IBcorp Racing rider is out with ankle injuries sustained at the 2018 San Diego Supercross.
2018 SEATTLE SUPERCROSS | 450 CLASS PROVISIONAL ENTRY LIST
2. Cooper Webb 3. Eli Tomac 4. Blake Baggett 10. Justin Brayton 15. Dean Wilson 20. Broc Tickle 21. Jason Anderson | The Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna rider currently leads the 450 class championship. 22. Chad Reed 25. Marvin Musquin 27. Malcolm Stewart 32. Christian Craig 34. Weston Peick 39. Kyle Cunningham 48. Henry Miller 55. Vince Friese 60. Benny Bloss 69. Tyler Bowers 73. Brandon Scharer 79. Nick Schmidt | Privateer rider will line up for his first race of the 2018 season in Seattle. 80. AJ Catanzaro 90. Dakota Tedder 91. Alex Ray | The CycleTrader/Rock River Yamaha rider returns to action after wrist and leg injuries suffered earlier in the year. 181. Dustin Pipes 185. Damon Back 192. Beni Williams 251. Kyle Gills 282. Theodore Pauli 447. Deven Raper 476. Collin Jurin 509. Alex Nagy 526. Colton Aeck 542. Johnnie Buller 722. Adam Enticknap 751. Josh Hill | After three years away from racing, Hill will line up at Seattle as a fill-in rider for the Monster Energy Yamaha Factory Racing team. 805. Carlen Gardner 907. Ben Lamay 918. Michael Akaydin
981. Austin Politelli
MISSING FROM THE LIST
12. Jake Weimer | SmarTop/Bullfrog Spas/MotoConcepts/Honda rider 14. Cole Seely | The Team Honda HRC rider is sidelined for an unspecified amount of time with tailbone and pelvis injuries from a crash at the Tampa Supercross. 18. Davi Millsaps | Monster Energy/Knich/Yamaha Factory Racing rider had an offseason practice crash that resulted in an elbow injury and concussion. Due to the severity of the concussion, he has retired from racing. 19. Justin Bogle | AutoTrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing rider is out for an undetermined amount of rounds due to broken humerus and fractured vertebra in his back. 33. Josh Grant | Monster Energy Kawasaki rider is sidelined for an undetermined amount of time with a broken lower leg. 51. Justin Barcia | Monster Energy/Knich/Yamaha Factory Racing rider will miss rounds due to a broken hand suffered during the Arlington round. 58. Matt Bisceglia | A hand injury will sideline the Team LVN100/Nut Up/Perry Concept/Suzuki rider. 94. Ken Roczen | Team Honda HRC rider suffered fractured bones in his hand during a run-in with another rider at the 2018 San Diego Supercross. He will return for the start of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship.
723. Tyler Enticknap | Privateer suffered fractures to the hip and pelvis in a practice crash. Will miss the remainder of the season.