Cianciarulo & Anderson Top Timed Qualifying At 2018 Houston Supercross
Timed qualifying has just come to a close at the 2018 Houston Supercross, the second round of the 2018 Monster Energy Supercross Series. Riders spent the afternoon learning the layout that fills nearly the entire floor of the massive NRG Stadium and the long lanes of obstacles have provided plenty of fast options to separate racers when the night show starts in just a few hours. We’ve watched every lap and prowled the pit area for updates, so have a look at the quick recap below and check back later for more news…
250 CLASS | TIMED QUALIFYING RECAP & RESULTS
– Adam Cianciarulo nabbed the top spot in both sessions, with a best lap of 53.455.
– Anaheim One winner Shane McElrath snuck to second overall late in the final session, as the Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull/KTM rider posted a 53.914 lap.
– Monster Energy/Yamalube/Star/Yamaha Factory Racing teammates Aaron Plessinger and Mitchell Oldenburg hung near the top of the charts all day, with Plessinger’s best being a 54.018 and Oldenburg’s bets being a 54.187. Unfortunately, their teammate Justin Cooper crashed hard in the final session and was assisted off of the track by the Alpinestars Mobile Medical Unit staff.
– Chase Sexton continues to impress in his rookie season. The GEICO Honda rider was fifth in the class with a 54.579 lap.
450 CLASS | TIMED QUALIFYING RECAP & RESULTS
– Jason Anderson’s massive jump combinations helped him get to the top of the chart, as the Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna avoided all of the ruts that were cut into the face of the jumps. His best time was a 53.065.
– Team Honda HRC rider Ken Roczen was second overall in timed qualifying, with quietly quick 53.418 lap.
– Anaheim One winner Marvin Musquin nabbed third with a 53.460 time on his Red Bull KTM.
– Cole Seely claimed the win the last time Supercross came to Houston and the Team Honda HRC rider was quick again in timed qualifying with a 53.527.
– Justin Brayton was near the front of the pack throughout the day, even holding the top spot for a few moments in the last practice. A 53.603 time put the SmarTop/MotoConcepts/Honda fifth overall.