German rider Ken Roczen hit the scene and immediately stunned the world. He started on KTM’s, then Suzuki, then HRC Honda (where he is now). He rides a Honda CRF450, and loves every bit of it. He was the fan favorite entering the season with a career defying injury.
Hometown: Apolda, Germany
Current Residence: Clermont, Florida
Birthdate: April 29, 1994
Team: Team Honda HRC
Team Manager: Eric Keyhoe
Mechanic: Oscar Wirdeman
Turned Pro: 2009 in Europe / Made U.S. debut in 2011
- He became FIM World Motocross Champion in 2011 at the age of 17 (MX2 division).
- Racked up 11 career Monster Energy Supercross wins (450SX Class.)
- Made 27 career Monster Energy Supercross podiums (450SX Class)
- 2015 Monster Energy Cup Champion.
- Accomplished the 2014 Monster Energy Supercross Rookie of the Year.
- Clicnhed the 2013 250SX Western Regional Championship.
- 5 career 250SX Class wins.
- He was the 2012 Motocross of Nations Champion with Team Germany (MX2 division).
- He is the first German-born winner and champion in supercross history.
- Most decorated German rider in the sport of motocross at the age of 23.
- Roczen lives in the U.S. on his own, with his family still living overseas in Germany.
- He is an avid golfer, surfer, and wakeboarder.